30th Anniversary Promotions
2013 marks Plexon's 30th year of serving the neuroscience community. In celebration of our anniversary, we are launching two promotions thanking our amazing community of scientists: our JoVE Publication Grant Contest and Research Spotlight program--both detailed below.
Win a JoVE Publication Grant!
JoVE Publication Grant Contest Winner
Congratulations to Jonathan W. Ho from Rebecca D. Burwell’s Behavioral Neuroscience of Memory and Attention Lab at Brown University and all of the other listed authors including Tara K. Jacobson, Clayton P. Aldern, and Amanda L. Liu! This team submitted the winning abstract titled “Getting the most out of your rats: fully automated cognitive tasks for recording neural activity using a floor projection maze” featuring their research utilizing both the OmniPlex® Neural Data Acquisition System and the CinePlex® Behavioral Research System. If the schedule holds, the article should be published by the Fall of this year.
Thank you to all of the researchers who participated in our first publication contest! We enjoyed reading the exciting discoveries that are happening in your labs. Watch for the next contest to be announced!
In partnership with the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), Plexon is proud to offer neuroscience researchers the opportunity to publish their research utilizing the OmniPlex® Neural Data Acquisition Systems in a peer reviewed format including text and video - a $4,200 value!
What the winner will receive:
- All of the standard activities to formally publish the article, not only in a text format, but also with an accompanying video detailing the methods and analysis with a professional voice-over in English paid to I by Plexon. Check out the abbreviated, sample JoVE video from the University of Houston.
- The option to be in the video presentation.
- Publication and hosting of the article – text and video –in the “Free Access” section of the JoVE website for all to see forever.
- Indexing in PubMed, MEDLINE, SciFinder and PubGet at a minimum.
- Recognition on the Plexon website, and in the Plexon newsletter that circulates to thousands of researchers worldwide.
Contest details and timeline are as follows:
- Contest start: January 30, 2013
- Contest closes: March 13, 2013, 11:59 p.m. central time
- Registration: Entrants must submit a completed application form acknowledging that they accept the terms and conditions of the Official Rules along with an abstract under 400 words for original, previously unpublished work by the close of the contest. Registrations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requirements: Research described in the abstract must have been performed using the OmniPlex Neural Data Acquisition System.
- Winner contacted and announced: Initial contact by April 10, 2013, and announcement following confirmation with the winner.
It is important to note that JoVE requests the full manuscript from the winner within thirty (30) days of winning status notification.
Plexon eagerly awaits the contest registrations and looks forward to awarding the grant! Good luck to all entrants!
Research Spotlight Program:
We just love to see our name in scientific articles associated with your landmark research, just as much as you probably enjoy seeing your published results recognized by your peers. So, as part of our 30th Anniversary celebration, we would like to:
- Recognize your research by highlighting the article in our Research Spotlight, a new feature of the Plexon newsletter that is distributed to thousands of neuroscientists around the world;
- Send you a limited-edition, 30th Anniversary, commemorative Plexon T-shirt and mug.
To claim your prize and get listed in the Research Spotlight:
- Send your published article/abstract link to email@example.com - be certain the publication includes the Plexon company and equipment names used to support the research within the text (often within the methods section).
- Tell us what size T-shirt you would like us to send (small, medium, large, extra-large, or extra-extra-large).
- Let us know where to mail it.
Check out your colleagues' newest publications utilizing Plexon equipment already in print or online in the 2013 Newsletters! Thank you for being a part of the Plexon family of users.