Advanced In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution
Plexon's Advanced In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution combines its flagship data acquisition system - the OmniPlex® D Neural Data Acquisition System - with a family of complementary systems, subsystems, components and software. This combination of solutions results in the most comprehensive, integrated approach to acquiring, recording and analyzing neural signals from both restrained and freely moving animal experiments.
The exceptionally user-friendly OmniPlex D System is comprised of the following components:
- The compact OmniPlex chassis houses cards for synchronization and timing between system components, acquisition subsystem links, digital inputs for 64 channels and 32 auxiliary analog for non-neural experiment signals.
- The OmniPlex System Controller operates the OmniPlex Server software (considered the "software engine") and PlexControl, which is the main user interface that provides data visualization and allows the researcher to interact with the system.
A choice of two subsystems: the Digital Headstage Processor (DHP) subsystem or the DigiAmp™ subsystem (including either digitizing amplifier - DigiAmp or MiniDigi™).
The DHP subsysystem now offers up to 512 channels and utilizes digital headstages, making high channel count recordings far more practical, manageable and affordable.
The DigiAMP subsystem now is available up to 256 channels and operates with analog headstages.
Plexon's Advanced In vivo Neurophysiology Solution builds on the core OmniPlex D System using the following fully integrated tools to offer the most robust solution designed specifically for neuroscience research.
- A wide variety of standard and customizable electrodes including the popular multi-use, multi-site, linear U-Probes and V-Probes for acute applications with larger animals, or the Thumbtack Probe - linear probe designed to span cortical layers running parallel to the surface of the brain, for chronic applications.
- The PlexDrive™ Microdrive, a robust, screw-driven microdrive created for positioning one or more U-Probes or V-Probes in a standard 19 mm primate recording chamber.
- Low-noise analog electrode interface headstages including biopotential headstages for various application, electrode and animal combinations.
- Multiplexing digital headstages for very high channel count needs with less cumbersome headstage cables.
- Plexon's commutators for use with tethered headstages enabling nearly torque-free movement up to 128 channels, including the NEW Carousel™ Commutator supporting up to 64 channels of neural recording with digital headstages, and up to two LED modules for optogenetic stimulation.
- The PlexStim™ Electrical Stimulator, an electrically isolated 16 channel constant current stimulator.
- The world’s most trusted offline, neural signal (spike) processing software, Plexon's Offline Sorter™.
- One of the most recognized neural data analysis programs, NeuroExplorer®.
- The CinePlex® Behavioral Research System, the industry’s most advanced approach to digital video recording, position tracking and behavioral analysis for freely moving and behaving animal experiments with accurate OmniPlex D/CinePlex time stamp synchronization.
- The PlexBright® Optogenetic Stimulation System, an innovative, economical and turnkey approach to performing acute or chronic optogenetic stimulation.
- Lafayette Instrument's operant and touch screen chambers.
Whether you need a large multichannel configuration or a small channel count system, Plexon's Advanced In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution offers the precise, reliable and fully integrated solution validated by decades of experiments around the globe with which to trust your research.
The equipment and subsystems of Plexon Advanced In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution may be purchased as a complete system or individually. Additionally, many combinations of equipment and/or subsystems can be customized to serve the specific needs of your research now and in the future.
Why choose Plexon's Advanced In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution?
There are many reasons to select Plexon's solution to support your research. Here are a few to consider:
- Ease of use – Plexon is well known for its exceptionally easy-to-operate interfaces, empowering even the most novice user to apply the flexibility of a Plexon system to his or her research for reliable results.
- Trusted solution – You have access to our most advanced platform from a company entrusted with supporting groundbreaking research for decades, and cited in thousands of publications.
- Full integration – You will save time and minimize human error with Plexon's completely integrated and synchronized neuroscience research solution.
- Unlimited Software upgrades – Upgrades within a software version are included with the purchase of that specific Plexon integrated or stand-alone software package and are easily accessible online.
- Lifetime, world-class support – Lifetime access to Plexon’s industry leading Technical Support team is included with the purchase of any Plexon software or equipment.