Behavioral Research Solution for Electrophysiology
Plexon's state-of-the-art Behavioral Research Solution for Electrophysiology offers the industry's most advanced approach to digital video recording, tracking, and analysis of freely moving animals in behavioral experiments combined with neural recording. It uniquely offers accurate time stamp synchronization with Plexon's flagship OmniPlex® D Neural Data Acquisition System. The CinePlex® Behavioral Research System forms the essential core of this solution.
The CinePlex System can be configured with the following primary and optional components:
- CinePlex Controller: a powerful computer capable of processing the large video files while simultaneously running all associated programs including optional data acquisition programs.
- CinePlex Software: two powerful programs that form the core of the sophisticated video tracking and behavioral analysis functionality - CinePlex Studio and CinePlex Editor. CinePlex Studio is responsible for the recording, tracking and analysis functionality, while CinePlex Editor enables the OmniPlex System, the OmniPlex D system or Multichannel Acquisition Processor (MAP) System user to view and edit synchronized video and neural data files together. CinePlex Studio’s standard capabilities can be expanded to perform specialize functionality through CinePlex Tracking, CinePlex Basic Behavior and CinePlex 3D.
- Camera: low-noise, standard VGA or high definition FireWire cameras as well as newly added, more economical USB Firefly cameras chosen from compatible options. The CinePlex System is capable of supporting from one to four cameras depending on the configuration chosen.
The CinePlex System is fully integrated with Plexon's OmniPlex Systems or MAP System for synchronized data and expanded functionality, or it can operate as a stand-alone system. It is also possible to integrate the CinePlex System with a selected third-party data acquisition system.
For maximum benefit, your research may be enhanced by leveraging the integration between the CinePlex System and the following elements of the Original In Vivo Neurophysiology Solution(s) and our Optogenetic Stimulation Solution:
- The OmniPlex D System: Plexon's flagship neural data acquisition system, available in 16 to 512 channel configurations with accurate OmniPlex/CinePlex time stamp synchronization.
- The MAP System: Plexon’s pioneering and original neural data acquisition system, also with accurate MAP/CinePlex time stamp synchronization.
- The PlexBright® Optogenetic Stimulation System: Plexon's excitingly innovative, economical and turnkey approach to performing optogenetic experiments in freely behaving animals.
- A wide variety of standard and customizable electrodes including Floating Microelectrode Arrays (FMAs) and Microwire Arrays (MWAs) to name a few.
- Low-noise electrode interface headstages for various electrode and animal combinations, including latching headstages for more active animals and LED-equipped headstages for tracking purposes.
- A series of headstage cables ranging in flexibility and offering several protective coverings.
- Plexon's commutators for use with tethered headstages enabling nearly torque-free movement up to 128 channels
- The PlexStim™ Electrical Stimulator is an electrically-isolated, 16 channel constant-current stimulator.
- The world's most trusted offline neural signal (spike) processing software, Plexon's Offline Sorter™.
- One of the most recognized neural data analysis programs, NeuroExplorer®.
- Lafayette Instrument's operant chambers.
Whether you are performing sophisticated, multi-subject, 3D primate research or a single rodent, 2D study, Plexon's Behavioral Research Solution offers fully integrated, state-of-the-art technology on which to trust your experiments.
Why choose Plexon's Behavioral Research Solution for Electrophysiology?
There are many reasons to select Plexon's Behavioral Research Solution to support your research. Here are a few to consider:
- Highly accurate tracking – sophisticated algorithms generate unparalleled color tracking ability in either two- or three-dimensions.
- Multiple cameras – supports multiple cameras with a choice of either VGA resolution up to 200 fps or high resolution up to 70 fps.
- Automated behavior analysis – standard zone analysis enhanced with superior behavioral recognition through video analysis.
- Flexibility – able to be operated in a completely stand-alone configuration, or integrated with a neural data acquisition system.
- Full integration – accurate integration and time stamp synchronization with the OmniPlex Neural Data Acquisition System saves time and minimize human error.
- Unlimited software upgrades – lifetime software upgrades are included with the purchase of any Plexon integrated or stand-alone software.
- Lifetime, world-class support – lifetime access to Plexon’s industry leading Technical Support team is included with the purchase of any Plexon software or equipment.
For more information or to discuss your specific research needs, contact your Plexon Sales Engineer.